Published January 3, 2011
Tags: Andy Stanley, Bible, Bill Hybels, books, C.S. Lewis, Christianity, david platt, donald miller, Forgotten God, Francis Chan, harley, James Dobson, leadership, Mark Cahill, ministry, Networked Churches, reading, reading list, Steven Furtick, tim keller
Books I read in 2010:
A Grief Observed: C.S. Lewis
His Needs Her Needs for Parents: Willard Harley
*To Own a Dragon: Donald Miller
Bringing Up Girls: James Dobson [DNF (did not finish)]
^BodyMinder: Workout and Exercise Journal: F.E. Wilkins
*Too Busy Not to Pray: Bill Hybels
*In Constant Prayer: Robert Benson
*Forgotten God: Francis Chan
*Sun Stand Still: Steven Furtick
The Christian Atheist: Craig Groeschel
Radical: David Platt
**Prodigal God: Tim Keller
The Fine Line: Kary Oberbrunner
**Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard: Chip and Dan Heath
**Leadership and Self Deception: The Arbinger Institute
Stuff Christians Like: Jonathan Acuff
*A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: Donald Miller
*7 Practices of Effective Ministry: Andy Stanly
The One Thing You Can’t Do in Heaven: Mark Cahill
^One Heartbeat Away: Mark Cahill
^Honor Few, Fear None: Rubean Gavazos
House: Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti
* – Would recommend
** – Would highly recommend
^- Would not recommend
Bold – This years favorite
What did you read last year?
Published January 1, 2010
Tags: blue, Cedarville College, christ, code, comfort, conference, connect, conversion, conviction, Evangelism, forgiveness, gift, gospel, grace, heaven, hell, Jesus, kirk cameron, living, lord, Lost, Mark, Mark Cahill, passing, passionate, phil waldrip, preaching, rally, salvation, sins, street, student celebration, tracts, water, way of the master, weekend, witnessing, worldview, youth ministry, zeal
Session 1: Mark Cahill – Mark Cahill Ministries
Ezekiel 33:1-11 – Watchman on the wall (Key word: Watchmen)
- Why will you walk away from God? (You will try to please people.)
- Have you ever shed a tear over a lost person?
- Who are you waiting for to bring up the conversation about accepting Christ?
- What are you waiting on?
- Are you warning anyone?
- Luke 3:7 – The wrath of God
- Acts 20:30-32
- Hebrews 9 – Judgement Day comes
- Revelation 21:6
- Psalm 127 – The Lord builds the house, but the watchman watch the city.
- Jude 23
- “Your job is supposed to be a watchman.”
- “Fishers of men is the highest call of life.”
- “It’s your job to warn, not to put on the armor for other people.”
- “Death is not the end, its just the beginning.”
- “Life is very simple, Satan complicates it.”
- “Blow the trumpet, warn people of the coming Jesus, stand up and be bold for the gospel.”
- “To be a leader, you have to be a reader.”
- Mark is a crazy bold speaker. He believes in exactly what he preaches but more importantly he does exactly what he preaches about… witness.
- Mark knows the bible backwards and forwards. He has no other choice because he has allowed the world to hold him accountable to the faith he professes.
- Sharing your faith is not a spiritual gift, it’s a command to every believer who knows Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
BONUS: Mark spoke the following message to Cedarville College, which I heard some time ago, that I think would be awesome for you to check out. I think it will give you a great incite on Mark, his speaking style, and his message to the word. Enjoy!